LIFT attracts passionate, dedicated volunteers from various backgrounds including highly skilled professionals, community workers, retired teachers, and homemakers. We ask for a minimum commitment of two hours per week for three months; however, many of our volunteers have been teaching at LIFT for years. Please take a moment to view the various volunteer opportunities below for more information.
- Study Hall or Computer Lab Volunteer
- Fundraising/Speaking/Community Development
- Special Events/Workshops/Coaching
The steps to becoming a volunteer include
1) Watch the “Welcome to LIFT” volunteer information video to help you decide on a volunteer opportunity. (Under Construction)
2) If undecided about volunteer type, program, level, or location, schedule an observation or visit to LIFT. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Doris Black-Hubbard, to schedule any observations.
3) Complete the volunteer application.
4) Complete the background check.
5) Attend specialized training for the chosen volunteer opportunity, arranged through the Volunteer Coordinator, Doris Black-Hubbard, or through the director of your chosen program.