LIFT attracts passionate, dedicated volunteers from various backgrounds including highly skilled professionals, community workers, retired teachers, and homemakers. We ask for a minimum commitment of two hours per week for three months; however, many of our volunteers have been teaching at LIFT for years. Please take a moment to view the various volunteer opportunities below for more information.
- Study Hall or Computer Lab Volunteer
- Fundraising/Speaking/Community Development
- Special Events/Workshops/Coaching
The steps to becoming a volunteer include
1) Watch the “Welcome to LIFT” volunteer information video to help you decide on a volunteer opportunity: Welcome to LIFT Video
2) If undecided about volunteer type, program, level, or location, schedule an observation or visit to LIFT. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Doris Black-Hubbard, to schedule any observations. DorisBlackHubbard@lift-texas.org
3) Complete the volunteer application Volunteer Application 2017.
4) Complete the background check at this link: Background check website. Cost is $12 payable by volunteer or invoiced to LIFT by emailing the Volunteer Coordinator at the email above. Should your amount be higher than $12, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator to fix the issue. Please do not fill in any information under the AKA (Also Known As) section on the background form, or you will be charged more than the $12.
5) Attend specialized training for the chosen volunteer opportunity, arranged through the Volunteer Coordinator, Doris Black-Hubbard, or through the director of your chosen program.