To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Dan Thompson, Chief Development Officer, at email@example.com
POSITION TITLE: Development and Marketing Coordinator (Part Time/20 hours per week)
EXEMPT STATUS: Non Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field preferred
EXPERIENCE: Two years of directly related experience, Blackbaud experience preferred
HOURS: 20 hours/week
SALARY: $14,000 to $16,000 depending on qualifications
Responsible for administrative operations of the Development and Marketing office, including donor cultivation and stewardship activities, gift processing, donor acknowledgment, donor database management, and assisting with marketing programs and activities.
1. Ensure proper donor activity tracking in database, including all contributions, contact information, major gift call reports, event attendance, moves management stages and volunteer engagement
2. Coordinate and implement annual fundraising campaigns, including but not limited to direct mail, email, social media, and telephone.
3. Coordinate fundraising event planning and logistics, including but not limited to Board meetings, fundraisers, prospect parties, receptions.
4. Process and acknowledge gifts in a timely and IRS compliant manner.
5. Provide regular standing reports and ad hoc reports as needed.
6. Manage general database processing and data entry.
7. Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
8. All grant funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and effort reporting requirements.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards and continuous improvement.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the purpose and general operation of adult and community education programs.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and manage personnel and budgets.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other departments, volunteers, and community partners.
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills and software, nonprofit database experience preferred.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated ability to work a flexible schedule when required, including evenings and/or weekends.
• Demonstrated competence in working with linguistically and culturally diverse constituencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made if necessary:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must routinely lift and/or exert force of up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The environmental characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive description of all work requirements and responsibilities. Additionally, the minimum level of education notated as a requirement could be supplemented by commensurate experience and/or certification(s) or license(s) as determined by the hiring manager.