LIFT is looking for a part-time High School Equivalency (GED) Program Coordinator. This position is responsible for day-to-day HSE program logistics, including curricula coordination; volunteer teacher management; community partner management and contracting; scheduling; related facility management; purchasing; and data reporting. Part-Time: 20 to 25 hours per week, $17- $18/hour.
Please send resume and cover letter to Careers@LIFT-Texas.org by June 6, 2019.
POSITION TITLE: High School Equivalency (GED) Program Coordinator (Part-Time: 20 to 25 hours per week)
EXEMPT STATUS: Non Exempt
REPORTS TO: HSE Program Director
SUPERVISES: HSE Program Volunteers and Employees
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field; Master’s degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: Two years of directly related experience, one year of administrative experience and knowledge of Texas HSE requirements preferred
Manage day-to-day HSE program logistics, including curricula coordination; volunteer teacher management; community partner management and contracting; scheduling; related facility management; purchasing; and data reporting.
- Under direction from the HSE Program Director, manage the High School Equivalency (HSE) program for adults who have not completed high school or want to improve their secondary skills.
- Assist HSE Program Director to interview, hire, and train program volunteers and employees; plan, assign, and direct their work; appraise their performance; reward and discipline program volunteers and employees; address complaints; and resolve problems.
- Manage program office volunteers, including recruitment, training, and scheduling; address complaints; and resolve problems.
- Manage all program operations, including: program facilities; program/office technology; purchasing of curricula, course books, software, and materials; scheduling of program personnel and facilities; and contracting.
- Work directly with existing and in developing new community partners to ensure successful programs, including contracting, volunteer recruitment and training, program management, and facility requirements.
- Manage and provide professional development opportunities for both existing and new program instructors.
- Compile data and prepare required reports.
- Develop strategies for accountability of programs.
- Participate in development and marketing activities as needed, including assistance with completion of grant applications.
- Keep abreast of legislative and professional trends and developments affecting adult education programs, and disseminate this information to appropriate personnel.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- All grant funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and effort reporting requirements.
For complete job description, please visit: https://lift-texas.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/HSE-GED-Program-Coordinator.pdf