LIFT attracts passionate, dedicated volunteers from various backgrounds including highly skilled professionals, community workers, retired teachers, and homemakers. We ask for a minimum commitment of two hours per week for three months; however, many of our volunteers have been teaching at LIFT for years. Please take a moment to view the various volunteer opportunities below for more information.
- Study Hall or Computer Lab Volunteer
- Fundraising/Speaking/Community Development
- Special Events/Workshops/Coaching
The steps to becoming a volunteer include
1) Watch the “Welcome to LIFT” volunteer information Power Point to help you decide on a volunteer opportunity: Welcome to LIFT.
2) If undecided about volunteer type, program, level, or location, or to schedule a class visit or introduction to LIFT session. Contact us for additional information – firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Complete the volunteer application Volunteer Application 2018.
4) You will receive a response email once your application has processed. Please contact LIFT if you have not received a response in a timely manner. The next step is the volunteer background process, which will be addressed in the response email.
5) Lastly, attend specialized training for the specific volunteer opportunity arranged through the director of your chosen program.