There is nothing more rewarding than helping another person improve his or her life, and LIFT volunteers get to experience this wonderful feeling on a regular basis! Click here to watch a short video about our LIFT volunteers and how they literally change lives through literacy.
LIFT attracts passionate, dedicated volunteers from various backgrounds including highly skilled professionals, community workers, retired teachers, and homemakers. We ask for a minimum commitment of two hours per week for three months; however, many of our volunteers have been teaching at LIFT for years.
Please click on the links below to view the various volunteer opportunities available at LIFT.
- Study Hall or Computer Lab Volunteer
- Fundraising/Speaking/Community Development
- Special Events/Workshops/Coaching
All of LIFT’s Adult Literacy, High School Equivalency and English as a Second Language classes are led by trained volunteer teachers. Most classes meet twice a week, two hours per class. Volunteers are asked to commit to two hours per week for 12-14 weeks. Volunteer teachers can focus on a number of subject areas including:
- English language acquisition
- General language arts
- Other subjects (science, geography, civics, etc.)
How to Become a LIFT Volunteer
1) Watch the “Welcome to LIFT” volunteer information Power Point to help you decide on a volunteer opportunity: Welcome to LIFT.
2) If undecided about volunteer type, program, level, or location, or to schedule a class visit or introduction to LIFT session. Contact us for additional information – email@example.com.
3) Complete the Volunteer Application.
4) Once we receive your application, we will contact you to schedule a classroom observation, background check, and volunteer training.