Join Literacy Instruction for Texas (LIFT) this summer for hands-on experience in nonprofit marketing!
The Marketing Intern will primarily provide marketing support for Toast to Literacy, LIFT’s annual gala/fundraiser. The Marketing Intern will also assist with student and volunteer recruitment/marketing activities for Fall classes. This is a paid position made possible through the generosity of the ExxonMobil Community Summer Jobs Program!
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing strategies, tactics and tools to promote LIFT programs to potential donors, students, volunteers and community partners
- Update LIFT’s websites and social media to promote upcoming events, communicate important news, or reinforce LIFT’s messaging goals
- Assist in preparing for our annual gala by reaching out to local businesses to request donations for Auction and Raffle
- Other marketing duties as assigned
- Positive, solutions-driven attitude
- Event coordinating experience
- Social Media and WordPress Skills
- Strong writing / Microsoft Word and Excel Skills
- Graphic Design Skills
- Must be available 25-35 hours per week, for 8-12 weeks
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate student who will be returning to college full-time as a sophomore, junior, or senior in the Fall of 2019
To apply, send a cover letter and resume by April 10 to DianaGuerrero@LIFT-Texas.org